Please feel free to pass this along!
The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health is dedicated to ensuring the fundamental right to reproductive health for Latinas, their families and their communities through policy and advocacy, community mobilization and public education.
We are hiring a Program Intern for the Community Mobilization Department. This is a part time position (20 hours per week) and we are looking for a one academic year commitment (from September 2007 through May 2008). A monthly stipend will be provided. Our main goal in the Community Mobilization Department is to cultivate a diverse, well-informed and active base of Latino/as capable of mobilizing for social change.
The Program Intern participates in a wide variety of projects geared towards strengthening his/her analytical skills through first-hand experience in areas such as community activism, advocacy and leadership development.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is interested and fully committed to making positive changes in the lives of Latinas and with some experience in social justice issues. Strong research and writing skills are required and fluency in Spanish is a plus.
The intern will work closely with the Director of Community Mobilization and the Advocacy Associate on the following projects, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the organization of national campaigns and events
- Communicating with our activists nationwide through e-mail and phone calls
- Assisting in the organization of our trainings (i.e. recruiting participants, research, preparing materials and coordinating logistics)
- Assist and participate in our on-going research projects
- Writing and organizing the distribution of our newsletter Instantes
- Assisting in the maintenance of our database (i.e. data entry)
- Administrative support for various projects
Application procedure: Send a resume and cover letter to the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, 50 Broad Street, Suite # 1825, New York, NY 10004; e-mail application to firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax it to 212-422-2556 by August 31st, 2007.