The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health is proud to join with our friends at the National Women’s Law Center for the I Will NOT Be Denied™ campaign to educate the public about the benefits of the health care reform law (Affordable Care Act, or “ACA”) and what is at risk if it is repealed or watered-down.
We stand in solidarity with our sisters at NWLC for I Will NOT Be Denied™, which goes hand-in-hand with our own ¡Soy Poderosa! campaign to lift the voices of Latinas fighting for their health care.
The National Women’s Law Center and I Will NOT Be Denied™ Campaign have made excellent information and resources available to counter the misinformation being spread about health reform. NLIRH joins the campaign today to spread the word that the health care law is already making a meaningful difference in Latin@s’ lives.
- Millions more women, including Latinas, can now receive preventive services like mammograms, Pap smears, and colonoscopies without a co-pay;
- It is now illegal for insurance companies to deny children care because of a pre-existing condition.
- Later this year, millions more women will have access to well-woman exams and birth control without a co-pay, and all health plans will have to include maternity care.
And we know that as health reform is implemented, Latinas stand to gain from the expansion to Medicaid, increased support for community health centers and the promotora model of health, and no co-pays for contraception.
¡Soy Poderosa! and I Will NOT Be Denied™ will continue to deliver the facts about how the health care law has and will benefit the lives of women across the country.
To endorse the campaign and see the list of campaign allies, please click here.
Here are a list of resources from National Women’s Law Center and I Will NOT Be Denied™
- I Will NOT Be Denied Fact Sheet
- Report: Turning to Fairness: Insurance Discrimination Against Women Today and the Affordable Care Act
- On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j-CneONiGQ&feature=youtu.be
- On Twitter: Follow the campaign using #herACA #NotDenied –add to the conversation using #soypoderosa
Below you can find a new video from this campaign, which uses intimate portraits of women to highlight the importance of protecting the benefits that women are already receiving from the law and will continue to receive as new benefits roll out through 2014.
Stay tuned for more in NLIRH’s ¡Soy Poderosa! ACA Campaign and updates from I Will NOT Be Denied™